A Pointless Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to post words.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Message of March '11: You probably don't care that we skipped the message of the month for February

A POINTLESS FORUM: Because you don't need reason to post random crap.

Rap Music (Eww!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Samcakeapotamus
Samcakeapotamus

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Alright, now before I start here I would like to address the person(s) whom will be reading my post: This post is NOT me just hatin' on rap, hip-hop, and/or pop music. Thisis about telling the world (Okay, maybe not the whole world reads this but all the same!) your feelings on these types of scum... Sorry, I mean music. Do you understand? Good, because I will merely laugh and completely disregard and hateful and/or mean or self-esteem lowering comments. I digress, i shall now begin what will soon be a EPIC Conversation.
Oh ya, and no mean comments to others, i know from experience that these debates get quite intense.

Rap, not quite music. It's merely poetry to a terrible beat. Hip-Hop, Oh Gosh where do i start. Pop, Justin Bieber, really people, really. Three types of music that should not exist. Rap is hate-filled comments about drugs and alcohol and pimps and ho's. Who are these people?!? These people who they can fill the airwaves with this... scum. ITS NOT REAL MUSIC! Real music is music with guitar, bass, drums, and a singer. Like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix Experiance, Tool, Neil Young, Rage Against the Machine, The Clash, and many, many more. When I tell people i cannot stand 99.999999999999% of rap music, they all say "Have you even tried listening to it?!?" like im an idiot ur sumin. I say "Yes, i have. I listend to Crack a Bottle by this 'Eminem' fellow," I retort "and by the 10 second mark i almost threw my iPod against the freakin' wall."

Well, there it is folks. Sorry its not longer im just lazy (and proud).
--Samcakeapotamus
Please leave your probebly FREAKIN' AWESOME comments BELOW
I
I
V
Attachments
Rap Music (Eww!) AttachmentGhostLoveScore.mp3
10 minutes of eargasm
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(16.5 Mb) Downloaded 1 times
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:30 pm

I concur that I am not a fan of rap, but much to yours and my disbelief, there exists some rap that is actually not that bad. You may be surprised, or even disagree, but it is true. More down to earth rappers like Busdriver or Why?. Busdriver actually had a freestyle rap on old NES games. And Why? makes the weirdest songs, one having the best rap line ever: "In the tourist part, I lost 50 euros to a guy with the walnut shells, and the marbles that greatly pissed me off, so oooh I thought I'd go back to get my money, but all my "homies" warned me, Oh no those gypsies probably got KNIVES!!!"

Although it is a valid point to disregard rap as essentially it isn't neccesarily music, there always lies a slight exception to most broad stereotypes.

And you said Tool. YAY!

An example of a band that is legit music is ASHES dIVIDE, considering it has heavy but rhythmic guitar paired with soft yet powerful piano harmonies, cello, obviously drum and bass, and very poetic lyrics. And all the lyrics and instruments were played by one guy (except the Cello, played by the son of the vocalist for Tool). I'll put up the music video for ASHES dIVIDE's two singles, "The Stone," and "Forever Can Be," if you wanna see what they sound like.
Back to top Go down
https://apointlessforum.forumotion.com
Kappyland
Kappyland

Location : As far as you know, dead from a warehouse explosion!

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Brilliant my good sir! This is exactly how I feel about today's music choices. Sadly, "Bieber Fever" is as contagious in pre-teen girls as the bubonic plague was in medieval Europe! Over half of my t-shirts are ones of the bands that you mentioned. Seeing as my five favorite bands are the Beatles, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and Lynrd Skynrd, I often argue with kids in my school over what music really is good. Thankfully, my friends are sane and they are rock fans to. The Grammys are no longer awarded to the best musicians, but to those that have the best computer skills!
Back to top Go down
TheAmazingCracker

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:21 am

I just ran into this wall of text and believe you need some opposition, so here I go: rap is the best. Hip-hop is the exact same thing. Pop isn't as bad as you make it sound. Justin Bieber sucks. Really, it's not that bad. And it is music, no matter how much you guys try to say it isn't. Now I'm not saying that rock is death or anything, because I love that stuff.

Though I'm not really a reliable source, as half of my songs are either The Lonely Island, anime, or video game songs.
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 pm

I must say that there is a fine difference between rap, and comedy rap such as The Lonely Island or Rucka Rucka Ali. I actually find that type of music pretty enjoyable because it's so funny. Also, I'm not saying that all rap is bad (just most of it). I agree with JoeyGGM in the fact that there are usually exceptions to most ideas (Run DMC or MC Hammer). I like the music video of Aerosmith doing Walk this Way with Run DMC. What really bugs me is all of today's pop and rap. I'll look at a listing of upcoming concerts and it'll say: pop, pop, pop, rap, pop, country, pop, pop! I feel sad that we don't having any real rock muscians that really stand out nowadays!
Back to top Go down
Samcakeapotamus
Samcakeapotamus

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 am

THAT'S ABSO-FRUIT-ILICIOUS!!!! I do enjoy some rap (such as The Humpity Dance, Baby got Back, Just a Friend, and Walk this Way feat. RUN DMC). But, there is one thing in common with all of the above; they all are (relatively) old. This means unless something happens soon, music will never be as good as music before 2000 (or so). LONG LIVE THE FLAMIN' TOE WARMERS!!!
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:40 pm

On the upside: many old musicians are still releasing music. This includes: Aerosmith, Van Halen, and (possibly) AC/DC. Heck, even Jimi Hendrix is releasing new stuff, and he's dead! I guess that's just a testament to the power of rock n' roll!
P.S. I just got a Aerosmith CD (The Devil's Got A New Disguise) and the AC/DC DVD "No Bull". They aren't that new, but they are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Yeah, usually the flaming on a music genre lies within a stereotype. We can't say all rap is bad. However, we can say most modenrized rap is. For example, I was at a friend's house today, and I mentioned how I listen to metal. And my friend's sister YouTubed "metal" and hit the first link. It was terrible guitar thrash (the same chord over and over again) followed by satanically inclined voices with masochistic lyrics. So I yelled "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!" Most will say metal is senseless thrash. To a degree, a lot is. However, bands such as Tool are still considered metal, however, maintain a lot of musical rhythm and attention to detail. For God's sake, one of their songs has the syllables sung in a fibonacci sequence to portray a sense of hidden truth found from the prosperous times such as the renassaince. And then you have bands like Chevelle or System of a Down, who are still classified as metal (not always for Chevelle however), yet we can conclude it is not senseless thrash. And if you want actual hardcore metal, then Megadeth is an example of true thrash metal spirit: Epic solos and chords, but not ridiculously reptitive.
Back to top Go down
Samcakeapotamus
Samcakeapotamus

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:06 am

Dear Mr.Professor Kappyland the III,
I must know disagree with you on one thing you posted earlier. It went a little something like this, "Thankfully, my friends are sane,". WHAT!!! SINCE WHEN ARE WE/YOUR FRIENDS EVEN REMOTELY SANE (except Matieo)!!!!!!!!!!!!! Other than that your pretty spot on good sir.
Hasta luego,
Dr. Samcakeapotamus the IV, Duke of Ittafnob-ington
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Samcakeapotamus wrote:
SINCE WHEN ARE WE/YOUR FRIENDS EVEN REMOTELY SANE (except Matieo)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I meant that you guys had good taste in music. Other than that, you're all wackos.
--Kappy"Kuckoo for Cocoapuffs!"land
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:17 pm

The day you call me sane as a whole is the day I kill you all. I'm sure Mr. Professor Kappyland III does not wish to die. So we can logically conclude his intent WAS just our music taste.
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:06 pm

JoeyGGM wrote:
I'm sure Mr. Professor Kappyland III does not wish to die.
Professor? Me?! I assure you, I meant music taste. In fact, today I'm wearing a t-shirt that says "Psychiatric Ward!" I had to earn it you know!
--Kappy"They're coming to take me away in the comfortable jacket to the white room!"land
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Psychiatrists are zombie creators who work for the army of the undead we know now as the "government."
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:33 pm

"After five years my psychiatrist said something that almose made me cry: Yo no hablo ingles!"- Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Samcakeapotamus
Samcakeapotamus

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 pm

I admit that some new music is quasi- good. Like Paramore.
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Samcakeapotamus wrote:
I admit that some new music is quasi- good. Like Paramore.
That's true. Shinedown is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 pm

The Black Eyed Peas at the super bowl? No. We didn't go to see TRON the Musical.
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:08 pm

^ Ha! The only good part was Slash, and that was kind of sad because Fergie was singing sweet chold o' mine.
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 9:59 pm

Slash then commited suicide the following night.
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:24 pm

JoeyGGM wrote:
Slash then commited suicide the following night.
Don't even joke about such a terrible thing!
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Okay, change the headline to: SLASH RAPED!?
Back to top Go down
Kappyland
Kappyland

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:49 pm

JoeyGGM wrote:
Okay, change the headline to: SLASH RAPED!?
Eh, we'll work on it
Back to top Go down
Samcakeapotamus
Samcakeapotamus

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:44 am

I believe 'tis my turn to add my opinion on the subject that I have, in origin, caused, no? YES. I digress. There is a fine line between 80's rap and modern rap. Example, Just a Friend is about a girl who cheated on him and it tells a story with screaming racial slurs or one swears. I'm not saying swears aren't said in the music I listen to, but just not in the quantity of new rap. Same thing as Aerosmith's Walk this Way feat. RUN DMC. It's about a pretty girl that they want to be with.
---Samcakeapotamus the Conqueror
Back to top Go down
Noir003
Admin
Admin
Noir003

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 12:29 am

SENSE. YOU MAKE SOME.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rap Music (Eww!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rap Music (Eww!)   Rap Music (Eww!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rap Music (Eww!)
Page 1 of 1